Frequently Asked Questions
Will new material be included in the 2020 United Methodist Hymnal?
How do I submit material for consideration for inclusion in the new hymnal?
If at all possible, please submit material electronically.
- Use this subject line: Submissions for UMHymnal 2020—followed by your name or organization’s name.
- Please send your submissions in pdf format.
- Make sure that the submission title, composer(s)/writer(s) names, and full and complete attribution of copyrights and licensing administration are noted on each page.
If you must send hard copy, please use this address:
UMHymnal 2020 Submissions
The United Methodist Publishing House
2222 Rosa L. Parks Blvd.
Nashville TN 37228
The hymnal office will acknowledge receipt of all submissions but will not return any hard copy of materials submitted.
If materials are chosen for inclusion in the new United Methodist Hymnal, the hymnal office will contact you regarding permissions and contracts at the appropriate time.
Submit the material to UMHymnal@umpublishing.orgHow will the 2020 United Methodist Hymnal be like the one I am using now?
- General Conference–approved collection of song and ritual resources, available in multiple media formats
- Attentive to the breadth of our UM family and how God has been revealed across varying contexts, perspectives, traditions, and cultural heritages
- Worship and ritual resources that are both indigenous and reflective of UM worship and doctrinal standards and ecumenical commitments, as expressed in The Book of Discipline, The Social Principles, and The Book of Resolutions
- Variety of worship and music styles, attentive to the needs of churches of every size