New Material in the new UM Hymnal
Will new material be included in the new United Methodist Hymnal?
How do I submit material for consideration for inclusion in the new hymnal?
- If at all possible, please submit material electronically.
- Use this subject line: Submissions for New UMHymnal — followed by your name or organization’s name.
- Please send your submissions in pdf format.
- Make sure that the submission title, composer(s)/writer(s) names, and full and complete attribution of copyrights and licensing administration are noted on each page.
- Submit the material to UMHymnal@umpublishing.org
If you must send hard copy, please use this address:
New UM Hymnal Submissions
The United Methodist Publishing House
2222 Rosa L. Parks Blvd.
Nashville TN 37228
The hymnal office will acknowledge receipt of all submissions but will not return any hard copy of materials submitted.
If materials are chosen for inclusion in the new United Methodist Hymnal, the hymnal office will contact you regarding permissions and contracts at the appropriate time.
When are submissions due for the new UM Hymnal?
We are currently receiving submissions, and we expect to be able to review submissions that are received throughout 2021. Submissions received after then may be included in the Hymnal Revision Committee’s review list for the 2024 General Conference, or they may be delegated to the Hymnal Advisory Committee’s review list for future General Conferences. The amount of material to review will help determine which committee receives the review assignment.