(Nashville, TN) – June was an eventful month for publisher Abingdon Press as award season hit its precipice.
Abingdon Press was awarded with seven trophies from the 2017 Christian Retailing's Best Awards at a special announcement ceremony held at CBA’s UNITE show in Cincinnati, Ohio. The offerings were evaluated on their ability to speak to people’s hearts and evoke emotion, open people’s minds to new ways of thinking, and encourage and affirm Christ-like living. The Abingdon Press winners span multiple categories and include:
- The CEB Women’s Bible by Common English Bible – Bibles: Devotional/Study Category
- Creed: What Christians Believe and Why by Adam Hamilton – Christian Living: Practical Life category
- Fear of the Other by William H. Willimon – Church and Culture category
- Dwelling Places by Lucinda Secrest McDowell – Devotionals category
- Song of Silence by Cynthia Ruchti – Fiction: General category
- Medical Judgement by Richard L. Mabry – Fiction: Mystery and Suspense category
- Total Family Makeover by Melissa Spoelstra – Relationships category
The publisher also garnered a gold award from the Foreword Reviews’ IndieFab Book of the Year Awards. The award recipient was Song of Silence by Cynthia Ruchti in the Adult Fiction: Religion category. The book also received Romantic Times’ (RT) 2016 Reviewer’s Choice Award in the Inspirational Novel Category.
The Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA) recognized Abingdon Press with a Golden Scroll Novel of the Year Award for author Cynthia Ruchti’s Song for Silence in the Fiction category and Dwelling Places by Lucinda Secrest McDowell received the Golden Scroll Merit Award in the Nonfiction category.
Abingdon Press is the primary publishing imprint for The United Methodist Publishing House and has a tradition of crossing denominational boundaries with thought-provoking and inspirational books. Abingdon Press titles include a wide array of quality Bibles, Bible studies, small group studies, Christian living, fiction, devotional, academic, professional, and reference titles published each year to enrich church communities across the globe. Visit AbingdonPress.com.
# # #